the grid

the grid

Sunday 8 April 2018

The plan

I'm taking it on myself to sum up plans made in the comments to the last post; please correct me if I've got any of this wrong.

There will be a short TLQ session to run 14 April-8 June, eight weeks, hosted by JaneB and GoodEnoughWoman (Susan also offered to co-host).

There will then be a longer summer session hosted by Elizabeth Anne Mitchell and Dame Eleanor Hull. If we start immediately after the short session, and go to 31 August, that will be twelve weeks. Some of the North Americans will already be back to teaching at that point, but if we cut it off before the start of the fall term, it will scarcely be longer than the short session.

In any case, I find it can be useful to run sessions without too much regard to the academic calendar. For example, if one has established good habits during a break, maintaining them after the break may be easier (at least for the first few weeks) when they are still session goals.

If anyone needs to get log-on credentials, contact JaneB. I think her e-mail is somewhere in the comments to some TLQ post, sometime, but I couldn't tell you where!

8 comments:

  1. That's great news! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me!

    The email I use for blogstuff is mollimog at gmail dot com

    And I really like the idea of a bit of overlap to help keep habits rolling along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can get us started. I'll put up a post by the 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dame! (And co-hosts!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Let me know if I’m needed during the summer -I.e. if DEH sells her house and moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to be able to have you up our collective sleeve to step in if moving happens in the summer!

      Delete