-no screens 3 nights (let's be realistic)
-1 hour coffee shop writing 5 days
-finish drafting KLB handouts
-Lift weights at least 2x, walk at least 1x
-Try to keep bedtime consistent
-Prepare and deliver presentation on pedagogy project
-Decide what to do about other pedagogy project (handoff? grant applications this year but no work ‘til summer ’18?)
-Begin planning Spring ’18 lit class (figure out what I need to do by when; begin planning readings and perhaps doing some background reading)
Dame Eleanor Hull
1) Self: daily exercise, yoga (2x, preferably), enough sleep, work on at least 2 languages, do the necessary cooking so I can eat safely.
2) Research: 5 hours, focusing on product.
3) Teaching: finish setting up assignments for undergrads.
4) House/Life: finish packing the guest room, do some other useful house thing.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Recalibrate the outline for the book.
Write my part of the survey article.
Spend at least five hours on the grant.
Organize, toss or scan one file drawer.
Continue to expand project file with one folder per project.
Walk more than 45 minutes a day.
Go to bone scan appointment.
Good Enough Woman
1) Research options/activities for middle school writing club, which starts next Monday (quite nervous about this).
2) Try to move like water with TRQ and family, especially with weekend guests, and also with helping daughter make matching T-shirts for an upcoming activity with friends. This will be a special challenge when it comes to the iron-on transfers.
3) Write 200 words of fiction.
4) Go to bed by 11:00 and focus on rest.
5) Pay bills.
1. Reread/revise ch. 3.
2. Enter revisions to intro & print so husband can read it.
3. Get one week ahead on reading for all classes.
4. Meditate four times.
5. Enjoy the outdoors for at least a few minutes every day; look out the window sometimes.
1 Write grant proposal
2 Work on manuscript every. single. day.
3 Breathe, be kind to myself, be mindful of creating distracting little projects
1) self-care – sleep, fruit and vegetables (as well as chocolate if necessary; sound basics will help), being the rock or the water as the situation requires, not getting sucked into too much negative talk
2) get ProblemChildPaper3 completely written on the writing day
3) get those two figures done for SpecialIssue paper (TRQ, but coming here for crossing off purposes).
karen (held over)
1. Finish the reorganisation of the home filing system into something I can use.
2. Sow remaining early start veg.
3. Break down curriculum project tasks for the week and set up at least 5 meetings.
4. 30 min research projects work each work day.
5. Do either music or movement each day, 5 minutes min.
KJHaxton (held over, missing presumed having a wonderful holiday)
1. Be on holiday
2. Come up with topic for week 2 here.
Matilda (held over)
1. Finish revision of Chapter 1.
2. Finish writing up of the first part of Chapter 2.
3. Do 5 minute exercise every morning.
4. Have more vegetable, less bread.
5. Write my journal every day.
6. Practice writing. - Read a lot, write a lot, look up good dictionaries. Do you have any other practical tips to improve writing?
Waffles (held over, hope you are recovering)
Recovering from the move, goals to follow!